Step-by-Step Instructions to be Safe Church Approved
The following requirements do not have to be completed in any specific order, nor do all steps need to be completed before you begin working with Children and/or Youth. Our goal is for the entire process to be completed within 90 days after active volunteer service begins.
- Attend a Safe Church Training. Scheduled dates and times are listed <here>.
- Get fingerprinted for DOJ clearance by completing the Department of Justice Form (for fingerprinting) and bring it to a Live Scan location. (Fingerprinting costs are reimbursed by providing your receipt to the church office.)
- Print and fill out the Safe Church Application Form below.
- Hand in a completed Safe Church Application Form and proof of fingerprinting to the church office.
You will be notified by the Safe Church Team when all of the above steps have been completed, references have been checked and DOJ clearance has been received.
- Volunteers who drive students on church sponsored events are required to provide license and insurance information by completing the SVPC Driver’s Guidelines and Form (below).
- In addition volunteers who drive students more than 50 miles from the church or drive on overnight trips must be screened through the DMV using the Authorization for Release of Driver Record Information ("Pull Notice") form below.
|Safe Church Application Form|
|Department of Justice Fingerprinting Directions|
|Department of Justice Form (for fingerprinting)|
|SVPC Driver’s Guidelines and Form|
|Authorization for Release of Driver Record Information ("Pull Notice")|
For questions contact: